Tuesday 9 October 2018

Proud Grand daughter of an IAF Veteran

Its been a while since I posted my last blog, a lot of things have changed in the between time. One such major incident which will  have an aftermath in me for lifetime is my Thatha's death. Recently when I came across a LinkedIn post on IAF day, I was kind of stuck with thoughts and memories.


That's when I realized how much love for the nation my grandpa had, and how much potion of the country love he had fed me and my sisters. Yes, He is an ex- service man and will always be one.

I have always heard stories of  "The Bangladesh war" and how India used wits over bravery to win it, His job as a warrant officer in the communications those days and how hard was it for him etc.,
He was personally impressed by the braveness of the then prime minister Smt. Indira Gandhi, that's the reason I got named after her middle name "Priyadharshini".


He has always been my inspiration and my support. He has always stood by my side when I fell, but never ever he has lend his hand to pick me up instead he has always watched me as as I rose above on my own legs. He gave me the confidence and the boldness, he has always taught me to be brave and to chin up no matter what the situation is!



I hope someday, I will definitely make you proud thatha. I will be the woman you always wanted me to be strong and bold!

You, along with the services you have done to the nation and home will always be in our heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment